RE: can I set a default index tablespace??

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:47:53 -0700

Mark,

Yeah, I've wanted that for years. I tried to automate changing the User's default tablespace in a Before Create trigger on a schema, but couldn't figure out how to tell if an index was being created and, anyway, you can't do that kind of DDL in that kind of trigger.

What I've done is run a script that queries User_Indexes and builds 'Alter Index <IndexName> Rebuild Tablespace <IndexTablespace>' statements for every index in a data tablespace. I guess this could be done with dynamic SQL in a stored proc called by a DBMS_Job.

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA
iNetProfit, Inc.
Austin, Texas
www.iNetProfit.com
japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 13:47:53 CDT