RE: new DBA/DBO basic training

From: lerobe - Lee Robertson <LEROBE_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:52:15 -0700

One
thing, I've always thought Kevin was fairly sane  :-))
Sorry
couldn't resist it.

<FONT face=Tahoma

  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: andrey   [mailto:bronfin_at_visualtop.com]Sent: 04 April 2001   12:50To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   new DBA/DBO basic training
  Dear all
  !
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>
  I'm leaving my
  current job soon , but before i leave i need to teach one of the developers   here some very-very basic DBA / DBO stuff.   This guy is going
  to support our existing databases .
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>
  I'm just wondering
  what should i teach him . The training must be short and very practical .   He knows some
  basic SQL already .
  I thought of
  briefly giving him some Oracle instance/database concepts , i.e. what is   instance , SGA , background processes , database , tablespace , rollback   segments .
  Then i thought of
  just showing him how to shutdown / start up the instance and the listener   .
  Then a short
  session on SQL*Loader ( we use it a lot here ) , exp/imp .   I also gave him
  the Kevin Looney's "Oracle DBA Handbook" to take a look at   .

  Am i missing
  something ?
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>
  Please advice
  .
  Please note that
  taking a course is not an option for us .
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>
  Thanks a lot
  .
  Andrey
  .
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>
<SPAN

  class=253484210-04042001>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Received on Wed Apr 04 2001 - 09:52:15 CDT