Oracle Learning Network (OLN) and Tech Based Training

From: Fowler, Kenneth R <kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:36:45 -0700

Hi,

My company has some training credits that are soon going to expire and our oracle education representative has informed me that we can spend the credits on 1) Tech Based Training and 2) Oracle Learning Network Subxscription aside from regular Instructor Led Training courses. I need some advice on what is worth while to purchase.

  1. Are the Tech Based Training titles any good? I was considering the following...

Oracle 8i Backup and Recovery: Strategies and Backups Oracle 8i Backup and Recovery: Troubleshooting and Recovery

Oracle 8i Performance Tuning: Managing Memory and Disk I/O
Oracle 8i Performance Tuning: Optimizing Sorts and Minimizing Contention
Oracle 8i Performance Tuning: Strategies and Techniques

What resources are supplied with the titles? Multimedia CD only? or do they come with the relevant Oracle manuals (All of my paper manuals are Pre 8i so new ones would be useful).

2. Is a subxscription to the Oracle Learning Network worthwhile and what would I receive? I checked out the web site and it seems to give access to a lot of streaming media training etc. What are the main advantages of an OLN subxscription.

Thanks,
Ken

Clinical and Regulatory Informatics - Groton/New London Coordinator, Business and Technical Services Tel: (860) 732-0026 Fax: (860) 715-8346 Email: Kenneth_R_Fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com

Author: Fowler, Kenneth R
  INET: kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 22:36:45 CDT