Re-compile SYS.DBMS_ASYNCRPC_PUSH and SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1?

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:31:23 -0700

Hi:

Oracle 8.0.5 on Sun.

I am trying to re-compile some invalid objects owned by SYS in our db.

But when I tried I got some error which I am not sure how to resolve (see code below).

I also tried things such as

select text
from dba_source
where owner='SYS'
and name = 'DBMS_ASYNCRPC_PUSH'
and type = 'PACKAGE BODY'
order by line;

to look at the package code, but not much luck there.

So, what could I do to make these objects valid?

TIA Guang

SQL> select owner, object_name,object_type from all_objects   2 where status='INVALID'
  3 and owner = 'SYS'
  4 order by owner desc, object_type, object_name;
OWNER                          OBJECT_NAME                    OBJECT_TYPE
---------------
SYS                            DBMS_ASYNCRPC_PUSH             PACKAGE BODY
SYS                            DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1           PACKAGE BODY

SQL> alter package sys.DBMS_ASYNCRPC_PUSH compile body;

Warning: Package Body altered with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors;
Errors for PACKAGE BODY SYS.DBMS_ASYNCRPC_PUSH:

LINE/COL ERROR

-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
103/27 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
103/49 PLS-00302: component 'RESULT_STARTUP_SECONDS' must be declared SQL> alter package sys.DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1 compile body;

Warning: Package Body altered with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors;
Errors for PACKAGE BODY SYS.DBMS_DEFER_SYS_PART1:

LINE/COL ERROR

306/7    PL/SQL: Statement ignored
306/56   PLS-00302: component 'MISSINGUSER_NUM' must be declared
328/5 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
328/20 PLS-00302: component 'DELETE_ERROR' must be declared SQL> spool off

Author: Guang Mei
  INET: zlmei_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 16:31:23 CDT