RE: Locally Managed Tablespace Uniform Extent

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_tdwaterhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:40:58 -0700

My understanding was that the main reason to keep the number of extents down was in case you needed to drop or truncate the table it would take Oracle a long time to clean up the fet$ table.
I think, and I emphasize that I am not certain of this, that this is no longer a problem with locally managed tablespaces. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

Jay Miller

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 15:40:58 CDT