Slightly OT: Capturing a failed status of an ftp process

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:55:30 -0700

I think I've seen an answer to this, but I never needed it before. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

We are trying to ftp files from one server to another. (Archive logs for Oracle). We want to be able to capture the status when the ftp fails, so that we can notify the DBAs to check the process out. This is all being done within a shell script that compress the log file first, then calls another script to do the actual ftp. But when the child script executes, it returns a successful status to the parent script. I don't know any way to tell the script that is doing the ftp to send the message, because any non-ftp command within that script fails. (Of course, that could just be because I don't know how to do what I want to do).

If anybody has invented this wheel before, or has any tips on where to look for more info on how to do what I need to do, please let me know.

TIA, Terry

Author: Terry Ball
  INET: terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 11:55:30 CDT