Re: Manage of 9IAS

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:23:44 -0700

I've used a different user:group (oraweb:oraweb) for OAS/iAS software.

>>> luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr 04/03/01 07:10AM >>>
Hi gurus,

I installed 9IAS on a Unix server. I installed all Oracle products with the Unix user ORACLE and its primary group OINSTALL.

My installation is done, but I want to manage my IAS with another user called IAS and primary group DBA.

My problem is :
Everything (logs, httpd.pid) belong to Unix user ORACLE (OINSTALL). I can't manage 9IAS with another user.

For those of you working with IAS, do you manage it using Oracle user ? Or have you changed the file permissions ? Or reinstall with ORACLE user and group DBA. ?

TIA

Luc Demanche
CETELEM
Tél.: 01-46-39-14-49