Constraints with Synonyms?

From: Walter K <alden14004_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:50:56 -0700

Hi,

I have a need to create a synonym in a schema (A) for a table that is another schema (B). This is no problem. However, the table in question is a "parent" table and I cannot create the "references" constraint from the "child" to the "parent" when the "parent" is a synonym. When I attempt to do so I get an ORA-1031 error (Insufficient Privileges).

Is this a known limitation of synonyms or am I missing something here? I find the 1031 error a strange one to receive if this a limitation of synonyms--schema A has DBA role granted to it so the problem shouldn't be one of permissions.

Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!
-w

PS: Recreating the table from schema B in schema A is not an option, unfortunately. Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 06:50:56 CDT