RE: Linux ver and Oracle

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 02:04:20 -0700

I too am interested in this, I have a PC with a single PIII 800, 256mb RAM, Win2K, and was thinking of partitioning my drive, and loading Linux on to the seperate partition. I already have 8.1.7 on Win2K, and was thinking of loading 8.1.6 on to Linux. Any gotchas with this set up? Has anybody done this in the past and have any good pointers to somewhere that I can RTFM?

I am also going to be using Linux to throw myself headfirst in to getting some experience with UNIX, I have a basic knowledge of UNIX commands - ls-l, grep, chmod and all that - but wanted to get a little more indepth with maintaining a UNIX system, would Linux be a good start for this?

Finally, does anybody have any reccomendations for any good Linux books?

Cheers

Mark

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

Author: Richard Ji
  INET: richard_at_letsplay.com

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 04:04:20 CDT