RE: Veritas

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:58:17 -0700

Regarding QuickIO performance...
I use QuickIO and it's great but I don't believe it is faster than raw. I've seen performance comparisons on a few websites but don't remember the links. I believe Steve Adam's website has some details on QuickIO performance vs. raw.

Regarding QuickIO ease of management...
Just like raw, you have to pre-allocate storage but instead of a raw partition pre-allocation is to a file via the "qiomkfile" command. Just like raw you cannot have any database files with autoextend. Just like raw you still have to define and maintain symbolic links. Unlike raw it's relatively easy to increase the pre-allocated size of a QuickIO file.

HTH,
Steve Orr

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com