Re: Help with sqlloader

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 05:50:20 -0700

Roland.
Listed below is a sample of a control file and par file that I use to load data such as yours each day. Modify the control file and par file to suit your needs, such as list your column names, data file name, etc. CONTROL FILE:====
Load Data

Append
Into Table glcbgdr
trailing nullcols
(       GameName TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"',
        SaleDate TERMINATED BY "," "TO_DATE(:SALEDATE,'YYYYMMDD')",
        WinNbr1 TERMINATED BY ",",
        WinNbr2 TERMINATED BY ",",
        WinNbr3 TERMINATED BY ",",
        WinNbr4 TERMINATED BY ",",
        WinNbr5 TERMINATED BY ",",
        WinNbrBG TERMINATED BY ",",
        TotalSalesAmt TERMINATED BY ",",
        DeferredSalesAmt TERMINATED BY ",",
        ANNOPTCNT TERMINATED BY ",",
        CASHOPTCNT   TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER2WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER3WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER4WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER5WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER6WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER7WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER8WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",",
        TIER9WINNERS TERMINATED BY ",")
 PAR FILE:===
UserId=login/passwordT_at_server-info-TCP
Errors=1
Control=ORA:\DATA\CONTROL\BGDR.ctl
Log=ora:data\log\BGDR0330.log
Bad=ORA:\DATA\BAD\BGDR0330.bad
Discard=ORA:\DATA\DISCARD\BGDR0330.dsc
Data=ORA:\DATA\DATA\BGDR\BGDR0330.dat

 The data file is a text file, comma delimited. The par file is run at the console prompt (Novell) with the command:
load sqlload parfile=ORA:\data\par\bgdr.par

The manuals can be confusing at times and I know an example can clear up a lot of the confusion.
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> Roland.Skoldblom_at_ica.se 04/02/01 07:45AM >>>

Hi folks,
(See attached file: mondaytest.txt)(See attached file: describetable.txt)

Can anyone help me to write a ctl-file, for instance called test.ctl, to use when i use sqlloader to import a textfile into the oracle database?

I am including two files here, which you might need. Thanks in advance.

Roland Sköldblom

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org