Re: Good Oracle Apps listserv?

From: Tim Sawmiller <sawmillert_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 04:44:40 -0700

This is a good one too:

     O R A C L E   A P P L I C A T I O N S   L I S T S E R V E R
                           (On the Internet)

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca
        Subject: (Blank if possible)

        SUBSCRIBE OraApps-L Your real name goes here

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this mailing list, send a message like:

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

        UNSUBSCRIBE OraApps-L

To POST a new article to the Oracle Applications Forum, simply address your message to:

        OraApps-L_at_cpa.qc.ca

You should be careful not to post commands intended for the list processor to the mailing list itself. Also, please be aware that the listprocessor software examines the posts and rejects any message with a subject that contains words that it might interpret like subscription or un-subscription command.

Also, the list processor keeps a checksum of messages that are sent along with the address of the author. The purpose is to prevent the same message from being sent more than once. Therefore do not send the same message at intervals, they will simply be rejected.

The list processor also rejects message which contain message-ids of previously posted messages. Therefore when you create a reply be sure to remove the message-id part of the original message. I don't like this rule myself, but unfortunately I cannot change how the software works.

To obtain HELP on the various commands and features of the listserver, send a message like:

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

        HELP

Or, for an alternate source of help, you can go to:

        http://www.cpa.qc.ca/Lists/OraApps-L

If you need furthur help, you can contact the owner of this list at the following address:

        owner-OraApps-L_at_cpa.qc.ca

As a default upon subscription, you do not get a copy of your postings sent to you. If you wish to receive a copy, and therefore an acknowledgement, of messages you post to the list then send a message like:

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

        SET OraApps-L MAIL ACK

If you wish to obtain the posts to the list in DIGEST format, which means that you will get one concatenated message of posts, with a table of contents, then send a message like:

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

        SET OraApps-L MAIL DIGEST

The digest is sent every 24 hours or each time it accumulates 1000 lines of text, which ever comes first.

If you wish to know the current settings for your account, send a message like:

        To: listproc_at_cpa.qc.ca

        SET OraApps-L

Being a good net citizen:

Last Update July 12th 1996

We request that everyone who uses the Oracle Applications Forum mailing list help us in making this a fun, interesting and useful place to share ideas and information that will help all members of the list in their current implementation projects. There are certain rules that we ask everyone to follow so that everyone understands what is expected of them as a user of these lists, and to make administration and management of this list as consistent and as fair as possible.

Your feedback on improving the documentation and services on this system is always solicited. If you have questions you can't find an answer to, or if you have an idea for how to make something better, please send it to the list administrator at <owner-OraApps-L_at_cpa.qc.ca>. Many of the changes that are made to improve things came from ideas of other members.

Table of Contents.

    The necessary disclaimers
    Where to get more information
    Rules for using the mailing lists on cpa.qc.ca     Suggestions for improving your messages

The necessary disclaimers

If the list administrator decides a user is a destructive influence or is found to be abusive to the list, its users, the hardware or the list administrators, he may revoke your privileges to use the mailing list. Using this list is a privilege, not a right.

The list administrator doesn't like pulling rank. Sometimes he has to. If the list administrator writes you and asks you to do something, please
cooperate with him. Please, though, don't stare over your shoulders: if you're doing something he'd rather you not do, he'll let you know. If you
don't get e-mail from the list administrator, then everything is fine.

The list administrator expects everyone to act like mature, intelligent adults, and to treat each other courteously. Pretend you're all in a room
together, and that your Mother is watching. If you wouldn't do something to in the same room as a person, don't do it here. That's all that's really asked.

This list is made possible through the use of hardware, software and network access provided free of use for the list members by the consulting firm Champagne, Parent & Associes Inc. of Montreal, Canada. Champagne, Parent assumes no responsibility for the information flowing through the list, or for the mailing list service provided. They can at any time decide to stop, delay or change the operation of this list.

Where to get more information

[Section still under construction]

Rules for using the mailing lists on cpa.qc.ca

This is is intended to be a forum for discussions on issues related to Oracle's suite of business applications. As such, it is not permitted to use the list to distribute advertisements, or job related postings. For Job postings, you are encouraged to use the OraJobs-L mailing list which has been setup specifically for this purpose.

[This part is still under construction

>>> cemail_at_sprintmail.com 03/31/01 08:50PM >>> Can anyone suggest a good listserv that is specific to Oracle Applications?

Author: Connie Milliken
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com

Author: Tim Sawmiller
  INET: sawmillert_at_state.mi.us