Re: Oracles TBT's

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:43:23 -0800

Eman,

My first Oracle dba job the only training I got was the CBT's from Oracle for version 7. I thought they were great, but I like to work my way through cbt's. One frustrating thing was that I found upwards of a dozen errors in the tests. I took screen prints of a bunch of them and compared them to the material in the class portion and showed other dba's and confirmed that my answer was correct and theirs was wrong. But it did give me a lot of good information. I only used them for about the first 2 months of my job about 5-10 hours per week. By 2 months, I was busy enough that I didn't have time for going through them any more, and I also found that I knew enough that the cbt's were too basic at that point.

So it depends on your level of experience. Not only how long you've beed dba'ing, but also what level of stuff you've worked on. I was thrown into the rollout of HR-Payroll and another separate application that I had to install from scratch, so I got more involved in Oracle in 2 months that some dba's have a chance to in a lot longer time.

Stephen

>>> eman_at_pop.burgoyne.com 03/29 7:45 PM >>>
Has anyone used oracle's TBT's (Technical Based Training)? I am considering purchasing some but was wondering just how good the are. These TBT's are supposedly like CBT's (Computer Based Training). Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, before I spend $3000.00 on a set.

I'm interested in the DBA set.

Thanks,

Eman

This message was sent using Burgoyne Internet Services WebMail. http://webmail.burgoyne.com/