Re:Consideration on Using Single or Multiple DB

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:21:37 -0800

Yustiono,

    I'm a little confused. You don't have anything here that would incline me to have more than one instance/database. Further, IF your going to be doing a lot of linking of tables having more than one instance would cause complications since a database link would be involved which involves SQL*Net which can become a real performance bottleneck.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Yustiono" <tekait11_at_bni.co.id>
Date:       3/29/2001 4:56 PM

Dear all Oracle architects, OCP, DBA,

I want to have a central data, on one site, very large database. I need you to share ideas on:
1. What are the important factors to determine whether I will use one database or multidatabase? Assuming that database size can be handled by only one single database.
2. If using multiple database, how is the method for the application server (it is 3-tier architecture) to access those databases? Through database links, or accessing those databases with direct connections?

Thanks veru much to you all and God bless all of you who do not mind to share your ideas.....

Regards,

Yustiono

Author: Yustiono
  INET: tekait11_at_bni.co.id

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 10:21:37 CST