never mind -- Fwd: Please help !!! 805 client, 815 db again

From: Leslie Lu <leslie_y_lu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:46:02 -0800

I got it figured out!

FYI, set ORA_NLS33 =
$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data

PS: I'm kinda rely on this list now. I really should spend some time to investigate before I post mail here. :-)

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text

Hi all,

I imported an export file with US7ASCII character set into a 815 db on NT with WE8ISO8859P1 character set.

If I use 815 client to access 815 db, sqlplus connects fine and data shows fine; but when I use 805 client to access 815 db, first it shows error:
accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
ora-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

sqlplus does connected, however some character doesn't show right. (I set the environment varaible NLS_LANG to the one used by 815 server.)

Any idea??? Thank you.

Leslie

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 14:46:02 CST