RE: Standard vs Enterprise Edition

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:24:43 -0800

Eeewwwwwwwwww!

OK, I am now grossed out.

At 08:48 AM 3/29/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I am compelled to tell you this story...
>Many years ago I had a gold fish that had some sort of parasite on it...it
was green. My gold fish book actually had a remedy for this. Take the fish out of the water, remove the parasite with tweezers, apply a small drop of mecurchrome(sp?), then bathe the fish in a lite saltwater solution for an hour. Sounds weird? Maybe, but I did it, and it worked! The spot on the fish actually healed.

>RE: Standard vs Enterprise Edition [growl] This is sort of off topic, but
on the subject of "EnterpriseEdition"s.... As you may remember, I've been doing comparisons betweenOracle, SQLServer, and DB2, pricewise and otherwise. I asked for priceson the "Enterprise" versions of all, so that I could be comparing thefull-featured flagships in all cases. Well, it turns out IBM's DB2 alsocomes in "Extended Enterprise Edition" (E3), which adds clustering to themix (actually pretty good specs on that feature).Apologies to anyone who gets offended, but this is kind of like howcondoms come in "Large", "Larger", and "Huge".Dennis

Taylor--------------------------------No one feels quite as helpless as the
owner of a sick goldfish.-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com-- Author: Dennis Taylor INET: ismgr@pctc.comFat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You mayalso send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com