RE: Standard vs Enterprise Edition

From: Kevin Kostyszyn <kevin_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:29:21 -0800

We
also have a client that wants to use Standard because it is less expensive.  I tried to install 8.1.6 SE on an NT server that already had EE on it.  I made it a multihomed machine but ran into a problem with a dll.  Seems to be a known bug, needless to say, it might have ruined my installation of Veritas Backup Exec, just thought I would mention it.  I have been getting some very strange errors on the machine since I installed, I think I will move it to an empty machine.  As far as the differences are concerned, i don't know yet.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Kev

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Thomas JeffSent:   Wednesday, March 28, 2001 10:36 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: Standard vs Enterprise Edition
  Due to Oracle's licensing shenanigans, we   are looking at the use of the Standard <FONT face="Courier New"   size=2>edition to save $$$$.  In fact, our management may even make   Standard the de facto standard
  while requiring justification for Enterprise.   If anyone is currently using Standard, or   has experience with it, I would appreciate if <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>can you tell me what I lose by moving to   Standard.  I've perused the features comparision <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>matrix, but I'd like to see some other feedback to   ensure I'm not overlooking anything.
  Thanks,Jeff T <FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>thomasje_at_tce.com Received on Wed Mar 28 2001 - 11:29:21 CST