Metalink customer satisfaction surveys

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:26:23 -0800

Have any of you received one of those lately?

I remember last year they used to check with us to see whether we were happy with the service, but I have received nothing in a long time.

Someone soft closed one of my TARs, saying he had sent me the information I requested, but I can't find anything in my e-mail folders re. that TAR.

I got the notices telling me the TAR has been updated, but I didn't receive the information the tech says he sent me -- at least I can't find it anywhere.

My question was re. how we can secure the OEM, i.e. how to ensure that the OEM the DBAs use will be the only one in use to access our databases. What's to stop a developer or an end user from downloading the OEM for free, then using it to send jobs to the databases using the intelligent agents? Nothing, as far as I can see, if we go with the default configurations.

I would very much like to see the guidelines I requested re. securing the OEM... I updated the TAR myself, maybe they will "un-soft-close" it.

There is someone from Oracle development group on the ODTUG listserv, I sure wish there was someone from customer support or from the Oracle engineers group on this listserv.

Regards,

Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle DBA)
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 28 2001 - 09:26:23 CST