Re: LOB ?

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 06:11:38 -0800

Thank you Winnie. Thats exactly what I was looking for!

Gene

>>> Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com 03/27/01 04:42PM >>>

I am not quite sure that you can reference a LOB in a remote database through a database link. You are very likely to get the ORA-22992 error when you attempt to do so.

22992, 00000, "cannot use LOB locators selected from remote tables" // *Cause: A remote LOB column cannot be referenced. // *Action: Remove references to LOBs in remote tables.

Winnie

"Gene Sais" <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>@fatcity.com on 03/27/2001 12:52:13 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

LOB question?

Can you have db A have a view w/ db link reference to db B blob data type?

I think so, but not 100% sure. The reason I ask is I have a 3rd party app that wants to move 500gb worth of images to a remote db, but have the current db
reference it as if it was in the same db through a view. Thanks for any blob insight the list can offer.

Gene Sais

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

  INET: Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com