RE: Cleaning up before upgrades / migrations; avoiding upgrade pr

From: <Alexander.Feinstein_at_MitchellRepair.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:55:03 -0800

Patrice,

That is what I did:

  1. Install 8.1.7.
  2. Create new DB.
  3. Migrate old DB from 7.3.4 to 8.1.7.
  4. Create new LMTs for tables and indexes.
  5. Move all tables to new tablespaces (adjust PCTFREE and PCTUSED) according the size.
  6. Rebuild all indexes to new tablespaces (adjust PCTFREE and PCTUSED) according the size.
  7. Additional cleaning.
  8. Export new tablespaces as transportable.
  9. Import new tablespaces as transportable into new DB.

There are more details if you need.

Alex.