RE: Exp Imp Overwirte posiible or not?

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:23:01 -0800

The DESTROY option on an import indicates whether the CREATE TABLESPACE commands only found in a full export should be executed. Setting DESTROY=Y destroys the data files of the database being imported into. This is only used when you want to rebuild an entire database, not to overwrite data in tables. If you really need the empty all the tables in a schema, disable the constraints on the tables, truncate them, and reenable the constraints. This will only work if the schema is self contained, and it's tables are not used as a foreign key for a table in a different schema. >>> Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil 03/27/01 01:50PM >>> IIRC, there is a flag for import "destroy=y" to do what you want. This is very dangerous and you should research all the implications before trying it. If you don't have the docs, try http://technet.oracle.com and read up on the import options.

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX
210-581-6217

  INET: Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil

Author: William Beilstein
  INET: BeilstWH_at_obg.com