Re: Request Tracker Call for Assistance

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:15:41 -0800

DISTINCT and UNIQUE in a select are synonyms for each other. They produce the same result in Oracle.

>>> dmorgan_at_bartertrust.com 03/27/01 09:31AM >>> Hi All,

        I have been involved with a perl/DBI trouble
        ticketing system called Request Tracker. I have done a small
        piece of the work required to port the system to Oracle.
        The creators are almost finished but with my new
        job I cannot devote the time necessary now that
        they are pushing to a beta release.

        Jesse needs Oracle testers and both Oracle and perl
        assistance.

        The current problem is the use of "DISTINCT" in a
        select clause from a table that has BLOB/CLOB etc
        columns.

        This is an industrial strength web and email ticketing
        system ala Remedy, but it is under an open source license.

        http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/
        mailto:jesse_at_fsck.com

TIA
Dave