(Fwd 1 of 2) Re: Forms going away?

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:06:01 -0800

fyi (1 of 2)

Sriram,
Cherokee is not yet available and there are no papers on the Oracle or Technet sites yet, although there will be shortly. A sneak preview of Cherokee was published in the last ODTUG journal which provides a good overview to the tool.

Anyway - the one paragraph overview:

"Oracle Project Cherokee is a standards-based, declarative development tool for building high-performance, scaleable HTML transactional data-aware components which can be embedded into any JSP or Oracle Portal Page. It combines powerful transactional processing as well as a very rich interactive HTML UI with an ultra-lightweight HTML footprint. Applications run natively in commonly used browsers such as Internet Explorer and Netscape. "

Regards

Duncan Mills
Oracle Forms Product Management
Author: Eric D. Pierce