Re: Crontab

From: Donald Bricker <Donald.Bricker_at_epa.state.il.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:37:05 -0800

Luc,

If you do not find a more graceful way of doing this the following will work. Set 7 different lines in crontab all with 0 for the day-of-week. Then also set the day-of-month for each one from 22 to 28. Kind of cumbersome and clutters up crontab, but it will get you what you need.
22nd is the lowest value that the 4th Sunday in a month could be if the 1st is on a Sunday. 28th is the highest value that a Sunday could be when the 1st is a Monday. And a third or fifth Sunday could never be these dates.

Don Bricker
Information Systems Analyst
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency 1021 North Grand Avenue East
Mail Code #32
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Donald.Bricker_at_epa.state.il.us
(217) 558-2290

>>> "DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem)" <luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr> 03/23/01 10:10AM >>>

Hi gurus,
I want to schedule a script to run on the fourth sunday of the month. How can I do that ?
TIA

Luc Demanche
CETELEM
Tél.: 01-46-39-14-49
Fax : 01-46-39-59-88 Received on Fri Mar 23 2001 - 14:37:05 CST