RE: Tuning Matter ==> Parameter PCT_USED in a Table

From: Tim Sawmiller <sawmillert_at_state.mi.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:02:36 -0800

Ok, I'll admit my ignorance. What the heck does "1 row" mean? It can't mean the row length, or you'll end up with a negative PCT_USED.

>>> steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au 03/22/01 09:35PM >>> Hi Bambang,

Analyze the table and you'll find the average row length in USER_TABLES.AVG_ROW_LEN. Subtract 90 bytes from the block size before expressing that as a percentage and round it up. Also, the formula should be PCT_USED = 100 - (PCT_FREE + 1 row). There are scripts on the Ixora web site that do this sort of stuff.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/