RE: 8i - Seeing which columns disabled

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:22:33 -0800

Voss, my guess is that the SET UNUSED command will drop the column !! and you cannot get the column back...

i tried to run the command on a table created by SYS

SQL> alter table t set unused column t1; alter table t set unused column t1
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12988: cannot drop column from table owned by SYS

you see...the error returned is cannot DROP column.. !!!!!!!

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id