Re: Max phy I/O size on Hp-UX

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:57:37 -0800

  As per the HP docs, MAXPHYS can be >= (64K or 256K) and HP silently enforces it. ( Note the >= ). It could depend on whether the hardware supports it. We are using V-Class servers and here is a reference to it in one of the header files.

scsi_ctl.h

/*
** Size of SCSI Passthrough I/O Requests
**

*/
#define SCSI_MAXPHYS (1024 * 1024) /* 1MB Maximum */

  I had done some testing sometime back and the values I obtained (p3) suggested a 2M value. I think HP would have silently split the IO into more than one IO.

Thanks,
Denny

--
Denny Koovakattu