Re: Why is there air?

From: <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:00:31 -0800

Hmmm....

I thought my post said that I was in no way trying to discourage off-topic posts.

Maybe I wasn't clear? And I've always considered my articulate. :)

Oh well.

I was not trying to put a stop to off topic posts, I was merely reminding everyone that this forum is a valuable troubleshooting, tech support and educational resource for many people.

If you want to segue from chocolate to carpet bombing foreign countries, go ahead, although your analyst may find it more interesting than I do. :)

Let's just remember that there *is* a technical side to this forum as well.

Well, *this* post appears fairly innocuous, maybe I won't get flamed. ;) ( just kidding, Jack and Bill )

Jared

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Thater, William wrote:

> "Jack C. Applewhite" wrote:
> >
> > Jared,
> >
> > I wholeheartedly agree that this forum is invaluable for its
> > technical focus and intend to promote and support it as
> > such. Perhaps there have been a few too many Off Topic
> > postings lately. However, as wonderful and multi-faceted as
> > the Oracle RDBMS and its inherent challenges may be,
> > sometimes a little "horse-play" helps solidify our
> > "community" as well.
>
> as some of you [OK as one of you] know i'm currently having both user
> issues and damagement issues here at work. and being at a startup i
> don't get to go to training [except this year they're sending me to
> IOUG, somebody must have missed that one.;-)] so i look at this list as
> a place to a) learn, b) hang out with people who "get it". to me it's
> the next best thing to actually working with jack, or rachel, or jared,
> or steve, or <insert resident list genius name here> and if i'm lucky i
> just might turn into a decent DBA.
>
> but the list without the OT just wouldn't be the same, it kind of makes
> everyone more "real". and gives me the smile i don't get anyplace else.
>
> me i vote for both.;-)
>
> --
> Bill Thater Certifiable ORACLE DBA
> Telergy, Inc thaterw_at_telergy.net