RE: Log writer

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:02:21 -0800

Disk mfr?
rpm?
seek/access times?
diskperf -y set already?
CPU,I/O, or diskbound system?
log buffer size? log file size?
what else is on the "separate" disks? anything? separate disks share a controller?
select event, time_waited from v$system_event order by 2 desc; results?

just a few questions that come to mind....

Author: Kevin Kostyszyn
  INET: kevin_at_dulcian.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 10:02:21 CST