RE: dbms_obfuscation package

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:38:04 -0800

I do not have the package installed but I found this in the DOC which may help:

If the input data or key given to the PL/SQL DESEncrypt function is empty, then Oracle raises ORA error 28231 "Invalid input to Obfuscation toolkit".

If the input data given to the DESEncrypt function is not a multiple of 8 bytes, Oracle raises ORA error 28232 "Invalid input size for Obfuscation toolkit".

If the user tries to double encrypt data using the DESEncrypt function, then Oracle raises ORA error 28233 "Double encryption not supported by DESEncrypt in
Obfuscation toolkit".

Encryption Procedure Restriction

The DESEncryption procedure has two restrictions. The first is that the DES key length for encryption is fixed at 56 bits; you cannot alter this key length.

The second is that you cannot execute multiple passes of encryption. That is, you cannot re-encrypt previously encrypted data by calling the function twice.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Khedr, Waleed
  INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 18:38:04 CST