RE: Why is there air?

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:57:41 -0800

Jared,

I wholeheartedly agree that this forum is invaluable for its technical focus and intend to promote and support it as such. Perhaps there have been a few too many Off Topic postings lately. However, as wonderful and multi-faceted as the Oracle RDBMS and its inherent challenges may be, sometimes a little "horse-play" helps solidify our "community" as well.

Actually, it seems to me that most everyone who's made OT postings has more than offset that with purely technical ones. My personal posting ratio is about 4 OT to 13 Technical over the past couple of weeks.

Heck, with our stock portfolios in the tank, reduced Net Worth, layoffs everywhere, and the most miserable pollen season in Austin that I can remember, we need a bit of fun!

Anyway, I'll wipe the silly grin off my face, tuck my shirt back in, sit down, stop passing notes, and get back to work. But it's been a blast!

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA
iNetProfit, Inc.
Austin, Texas
www.iNetProfit.com
japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 17:57:41 CST