RE: OT: Rachel in Vietnam

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:17:45 -0800

Neat story!

-----Original Message-----
From: Weaver, Walt [mailto:wweaver_at_rightnow.com] Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 9:36 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: OT: Rachel in Vietnam

Or a visit from one of Puff's successors.

As I recall, Arc Lights would be announced on guard frequency 15 minutes before the drop. The position would be announced as a bearing and distance from a classified point.

We were flying our gunship one night in the Central Highlands, looking for bad guys, when an Arc Light was announced. By the time we figured out where it was going to be, the whole world lit up a mile or two away, followed by about thirty seconds of severe turbulence. Very, very impressive. Scared the shit out of us.

We got a lot faster at figuring out the drop point locations after that. :>)

Now, if Oracle could figure out a way to announce in advance the time and location of an ORA-600 error, I'd be impressed.  :>)

--Walt Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana, USA

Author: Thater, William
  INET: ThaterW_at_telergy.net

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
Author: Weaver, Walt
  INET: wweaver_at_rightnow.com