Device busy - HELP

From: Koivu, Lisa <lkoivu_at_qode.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:49:50 -0800

Hello all,

HP/UX 11.0 w/EMC hardware
Well my trusty BCV's are BUSY.  The script that runs every night executes fuser and kills any processes that may be attached to them.  It failed last night due to something I did... well I cleaned it up this morning and I can't manually run fuser and free the device.  Fuser doesn't tell me what process is hanging on to it, either.  There is no instance running on this host.

Any ideas?  My 'sysadmin' has no clue and claims it's too early for him to think about serious stuff like this.

Lisa Rutland Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Qode.com
4850 North State Road 7
Suite G104
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33319

V: 954.484.3191, x174
F: 954.484.2933
C: 954.658.5849

http://www.qode.com

"The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com." Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 08:49:50 CST