RE: EMC TimeFinder, and EMC TimeFinder vs Hot Standby

From: Koivu, Lisa <lkoivu_at_qode.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:43:39 -0800

Hi Yosi, how are you?

I can't exactly clarify your fish vs. potatoes, er, timefinder vs. SRDF question but I can tell you that we have BCV's implemented here.  We use them for backup and recovery (and it's extremely slick and fast, let me tell you!  Worth every penny we paid) However you can also mount the BCV's and access the data.  Honestly I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to install Oracle on this server and open up a read-only database on the BCV's.  Except for maybe the fact that my employer practically chokes when Oracle quotes pricing.

We are running HP/UX.  If you want more specific info, email me directly and I'll be glad to answer questions.

Have a great day...

Lisa Rutland Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Qode.com
4850 North State Road 7
Suite G104
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33319

V: 954.484.3191, x174
F: 954.484.2933
C: 954.658.5849

http://www.qode.com

"The information contained herein does not express the opinion or position of Qode.com and cannot be attributed to or made binding upon Qode.com."