Re: sqlplus hanging on exit

From: Louis Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:27:39 -0800

Jared,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm embarrassed to say that the cause of the problem was Oracle Trace. The solution was to set EPC_DISABLE=TRUE in the environment and listener.ora, and stop and restart the database.

I remember doing this a couple of years ago, when Oracle Trace was first enabled by default.

Apparently one of my predecessors didn't set EPC_DISABLED anywhere, but simply removed the .dat log files under $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin. Does this mean that the trace overhead is still part of the Oracle processes, but just can't find the log files to write out to?

Lou Avrami

Author: Louis Avrami
  INET: avramil_at_concentric.net