RE: OT -- A humorous reply to the Canada rulz

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:56:34 -0800

At 10:07 AM 3/20/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Ummmm, Is this kinda like Mr. Sulu on Star Trek who was sure that the
>Russians invented everything?

I'm sure you're going to take a lot of hits on that one -- it was Mr Chekov.

>I thought Baseball and Basketball were distinctly inventions of the USA.

Can't comment on baseball (which is just an adaptation of cricket), but basketball was definitely a canadian invention.

>How about the only country that
>can't decide if they're English or French?

We can decide. We just can't agree on the answer.

>How about the US's biggest
>colony via cultural conquest(ooooohh, that's a low blow).

Wouldn't that actually *require* culture? (ooohh, even lower :-)

>How about never
>saw a bikini except in National Geographic?

*ahem* come on out to the wet coast some time, visit Wreck beach. You'll never see a bikini there, or any other form of cloth covering.....

Dennis Taylor

If it sticks - force it!
If it breaks - it needed replacing anyway.
Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com