ITL and possible deadlocks

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:09:32 -0800

Hello List,

it's rather a theoretical question. Let say two sessions update a table. Each transaction allocated a transaction slot in a block (I consider the two different blocks). Each block has only one slot and there is no free space in these blocks to allocate additional transaction slots. Then each transaction tryes to update a row in the block which has already been updated by the other transaction. How Oracle to do with such situation in case when there is no access to a common resource (I mean a common row) ?

Thanks in advance

Ed

Author: Shevtsov, Eduard
  INET: EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Mar 20 2001 - 10:09:32 CST