Re: FK Constraints

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:51:31 -0800

Rachel,
One way I got this across to my developers and users was in creating new users for the DB. Every time I got a new user request, I would forward it to the director of the group that officially "owns" the data to get his permission to allow them in HIS data. After a few round robins of this the people finally realized that when I said Ops, Acctg, etc. owned the data, I also made them responsible for THEIR data. We still have fun every now and then with "Can you recover this for me" type reqests, but most of the time they recognize that I keep the system going and they keep the data correct.

--
Rodd Holman
Oracle DBA

Author: Rodd Holman