RE: maintaining a backup table on another server

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:43:36 -0800

See my answer below.

If I understand your situation correctly, you want an application to update two tables in two different Oracle databases (that we will call A and B).

If you use a database link from A to B, when A is down, this will prevent both updates, which is your concern. Why not have the application open two different connections - one to A and one to B? I'm pretty sure that it's possible in Pro*C.

any ignorant comments made are the sole responsibility of J. R. Kilchoer and should not reflect adversely upon my employer.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive