RE: Compaq Server not releasing Memory

From: <Yerpude_at_btnl.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:56:36 -0800

Is your Application performance affetced by this. I increased the SGA to 400MB from 80MB and then exceuted a simple count(*) from a table containing 10000 recores. Eariler this was reducing the memory by 3-4% but amazing this time is was 20-30% in one select. I am monitoring it via system information tool available on server.

Regds...

                    SELVAM_at_zamila

                    c.com                To:     Yerpude_at_btnl.com,
oracledba_at_quickdoc.co.uk, ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                    Sent by:             cc:

                    selvam_at_zamila        Subject:     RE: Compaq Server not releasing
Memory
                    c.com

                    03/17/01

                    12:10 PM

Are you using vmstat -P to check the free memory or system administration tool (in server)? Similar problem persists for us can anyone give some direction how to go about it.

Thanks