RE: For You Slick Developers out there.....

From: Toepke, Kevin M <ktoepke_at_cms.cendant.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:48:02 -0800

Oracle 8.0 and before requires that a function have the following in the header in order for it to work in a select statement:

    PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES(...)
Oracle, in its infinite wisdom, didn't put the pragma in most of its internal functions...

Oracle 8i got rid of this PRAGMA. You still can't directly update the database in a select statement.

Kevin

Author: Toepke, Kevin M
  INET: ktoepke_at_cms.cendant.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 15:48:02 CST