RE: NT Batch processes continue to run

From: Guidry, Chris <chris.guidry_at_atcoelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:23:43 -0800

Hello,
How are you scheduling your batches? You should be using CMD /C. For example:

        AT 7:00P /EVERY M,T,W,TH,F,S,SU CMD /C C:\BACKUP\BACKORCL.BAT C:\>cmd /?
Starts a new instance of the Windows/NT command interpreter

CMD [/X | /Y] [/A | /U] [/Q] [[/C | /K] string]

/C      Carries out the command specified by string and then terminates
/K      Carries out the command specified by string but remains
/Q      Turns the echo off
/A      Causes the output of internal commands to a pipe or file to be ANSI
/U      Causes the output of internal commands to a pipe or file to be
Unicode
/T:fg   Sets the foreground/background colors (see COLOR /? for more info)
/X      Enable extensions to the Windows NT version of CMD.EXE
/Y      Disable extensions to the Windows NT version of CMD.EXE

--
Chris J. Guidry  P.Eng.
ATCO Electric, Metering Services