Re: problem with UTL_FILE.FILE OPEN

From: David A. Barbour <dbarbour_at_nucentrix.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:03:21 -0800

Dan -

I've previously used the * to define utl_file_dir with no problems. According to the documentation:

"The parameter specification UTL_FILE_DIR = * has a special meaning. This entry turns off directory access checking, and it makes any directory accessible to the UTL_FILE functions."

I'm wondering if the directory location in the procedure or package is entered correctly OR the filename is invalid for the operating system. I've had that problem when trying to dynamically name a file.

Regards,

David A. Barbour
Oracle Database Administrator
Formerly with the now defunct and bankrupt ConnectSouth

Author: David A. Barbour
  INET: dbarbour_at_nucentrix.net