RE: Oracle JDBC driver

From: <Val_Gamerman/Victoria_Financial.VICTORIA_FINANCIAL_at_lnn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:09:55 -0800

Mai,

This is exactly what I was talking about when I said that you need to make sure sure that you use thin drivers. If you get an error message complaining about a missing DLL then your java program is using JDBC-OCI drivers or JDBC-ODBC drivers.

Get documentation and samples for using the THIN JDBC drivers.

What is your connect string?

Get documentation and samples for using the THIN JDBC drivers.

Another thing: do NOT add both ZIP files to your path. classes111.zip if for JDK1.1 and the other one is for JDK1.2. Figure out which one you are using.

Get documentation and samples for using the THIN JDBC drivers.

Hope this helps.
Val Gamerman.

To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
cc:        (bcc: Val Gamerman/Victoria Financial)
Date:     03/14/2001 07:56:20 PM GMT

I think my question is not clear. I have Oracle database on another machine. My machine doesn't have Oracle on it. I just want to install Oracle JDBC driver for my java program to connect to database. I down load the JDBC driver on Oracle website. It's just a zip file, contains classes111.zip, classes12.zip, ocij805dbc.dll,oci805jdbc_g.dll. I extract them under folder d:\jdbc\lib and set
classpath=d:\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip;d:\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip It gives me the error: ORA805.dll missing in the specified path when I call the code:
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); Thanks

Author: mai huynh
  INET: mhuynh5_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Val_Gamerman/Victoria_Financial.VICTORIA_FINANCIAL_at_lnn.com