RE: (Fwd) Re: (Fwd/Oracle) Does NT write to random locations on d

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:19:20 -0800

Windows NT --> Windows2000 --> Windows XP Professional

Windows95 --> Windows 98 --> WndowsME --> Windows XP

As far as I know.
http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID=mcp&PageCall =faq&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse#3title <http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID=mcp&PageCal l=faq&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse#3title>

For those who don't know, you can take a peek at Windows XP here: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_luna.asp <http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_luna.asp>

This is the moving target Bill Gates set for Microsoft, for a while we thought NT was going to upgrade to NT5, and Windows98 to Windows2000. Then the new versions were renamed Windows2000, and WindowsME. He has been pushing to merge the two streams, but they haven't been quite able to do that. They are converging though.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca