RE: RE: (Fwd) TAR# 1280667.996:Can NT/Win2k server OS defrag uti

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:09:57 -0800

Paul,

I believe you, which helps, because I wasn't inclined to take Oracle tech support's word for it without them providing a more in depth explanation. I would guess that getting a more in depth explanation from them would be a bit of a wild goose chase.

1Gb data file sizes sounds good. Also, does it really make much difference one way of the other -performance wise- if you use huge cluster/allocation-unit sizes on the volume that contains the 1Gb db files?

I hope this last question isn't too painful, but how, if at all, does your defrag analysis change for NT (hardware) RAID?

profuse thanks,
ep

On 12 Mar 2001, at 14:17, Paul Drake scribbled with alacrity and cogency:

Date sent:              Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:17:38 -0800
To:                     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

(
http://whatis.techtarget.com/WhatIs_Search_Results_Exact/1,282033,,00.html?query=jbod )