Re: One Database, Multiple Apps

From: Don Jerman <djerman_at_dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:48:53 -0800

Actually, if you're doing a *lot* of inserts without bind variables, try shrinking your shared pool. You'll be parsing everything anyway and that way it takes less time to fail the hashtable lookup.

I have such a beastie, and this works for me -- it was able to roll over a 200M shared pool in just under 2 minutes, so I never got more than about 3% preparsed queries other than my "select..." statements that were monitoring the pool. At 10M it rarely complains, and the hit rate is about the same (1% is about the same as 3% :-) I gave the rest over to buffer cache and it seems to be a bit more responsive.