Re:RE: oracle and America

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:40:17 -0800

Mladen,

    Well, hold onto your b&^t because about a year ago I read about a certain Navy Aircraft carrier that was headed back to port because their MicroSlop SQL*Server DB had irreparably crashed. I understand it was replaced by "another vendor's DB". Wonder who that could have been?

Dick Goulet

BTW: The USAF declared Oracle the RDBMS of choice back in 1989.

Author: "Gogala; Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date:       3/12/2001 11:07 AM

As a DBA working in the US, I can only confirm that Oracle, strangely enough, is not much
used in the parts of the US within the polar circle. I also doubt that there are any Oracle DBAs
on the decks of the US nuclear subs. To appease to world, there aren't any SQL Server DBAs
either. Having Microsoft controlling the ICBMs would definitely be too close to disaster for my
taste.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 12 2001 - 13:40:17 CST