inserting, updating, selecting millions of rows in a table

From: sonia pajerowski <spajerowski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:51:48 -0800

Our customer one of the large wireless co. needs to accomplish 3000 transactions per second. Each transaction has one insert, one select and 3 updates. All of them are on the same table.
There are 172 processes performing these transactions in a random fashion so bulk binding is out of question. Right now we have only one table but we are planning to partition the table into 172 partitions on some processid key.
We have 6500 Sun Sparc machines (HA veritas) and the client does not mind upgrading to 10000.

Is there anyone out there who has experience with this type of high volume transaction based databases. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, is there a tool availbale which can spawn multiple proceses and insert, update and select data from one table.

Thanks
Sonia P.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Author: sonia pajerowski
  INET: spajerowski_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 12 2001 - 12:51:48 CST