insertion into CLOB

From: DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem) <luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:05:02 -0800

Hi gurus,

Oracle 8.1.6.2
Solaris 2.6

I'm doing some tests with a CLOB field.á I created a stored procedure, which inserts text into a CLOB.

Here is my table :
create table relance (nom varchar2(50), texte CLOB);

Here is my code :
create or replace procedure insert_clob is
á bufferááááááááááááááááááá varchar2(32767);
á Lob_locáááááááááááááááááá CLOB;
á Amountááááááááááááááááááá BINARY_INTEGER;
á Positionááááááááááááááááá INTEGER := 1;

begin

áááá buffer := 'test de clob, insertion dans le clob pour par le suite le lire';

áááá INSERT INTO relance(nom,texte) VALUES('luc',EMPTY_CLOB());
áááá
áááá SELECT LENGTH(buffer) INTO Amount
áááá FROM dual;
áááá
áááá SELECT texte INTO Lob_loc
áááá FROM relance
áááá WHERE nom = 'luc'
áááá FOR UPDATE;

áááá DBMS_LOB.WRITE (Lob_loc, Amount, Position, Buffer);

end insert_clob;

My procedure has been running forá 30 minutes.á Is this normal ?

TIA

Luc Demanche
CETELEM
TÚl.: 01-46-39-14-49
Fax : 01-46-39-59-88 Received on Mon Mar 12 2001 - 09:05:02 CST